Former world number one Andy Roddick criticized the young people that couldn’t give up having fun during their pre-arranged trips, even if the emergency measures highly recommend everyone to avoid any unnecessary outings.
Roddick retweeted a CBS News compilation of young spring breakers who are aiming to get the most of their vacation, even if this comes at the expense of others. “How f*****g stupid are we?” said Roddick. Here are a few of the words that came from the mouths of the merrymakers: “If I get corona, I get corona.
At the end of the day, I’m not gonna let it stop me from partying. Whatever happens, happens”. ; “What is there to do here other than to go to the bars or the beach? And they’re closing all of it. They’re blowing it way out of proportion”.
; “We need a refund. The virus ain’t that serious”.
The latest emergency measures changes were taken by the City of Miami Beach on 18th March:
- Extend the Emergency Order until March 26, 2020, at 11:59 p.m.
- Clarify that City Parks and Recreation pool facilities, in addition to Park buildings and indoor facilities, are CLOSED.
All City Parks otherwise remain open for outdoor uses only.
- Prohibit gatherings of ten persons or more within City’s beachwalks (in addition to the existing prohibition on such gatherings on City’s beaches).
- Require the closure of all massage therapy centers and spas (including massage therapy centers or spas operating within hotels).
In addition, no establishment shall provide massage therapy services, except hospitals or medical service providers.
- Clarify the closure of gymnasiums and fitness centers, consistent with Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 03-20.